Saturday, August 17, 2013

Saturday Snapshots and Saying Goodbye

Whew!  I made it through the first three days of school.  It wasn't an easy start and my head still isn't 'in the game' as they say.  School started on Wednesday and, very sadly and somewhat unexpectedly, my mother-in-law passed away on Tuesday.  We made the decision that I'd go to work.  I honestly couldn't imagine not starting off the year with my class.  It was certainly a tough go.

Today was spent cleaning out her apartment.  Five of her grandchildren and one great grandkiddo were  there to help.  The day was filled with memories of all sorts.  Each time someone found another 'treasure', there were stories to be shared.  I have a feeling she was right there with us.

With such a crazy week, I only have a few photos to share.  I decided to link up Miss Nelson's Saturday Snapshots anyway.




I have to start with a picture of my mother-in-law.  This woman had more love in her heart than most people I've known.  The world is a bit emptier without her in it.


One of my little guys came up to me on Day 1 and handed me this apple and the Jif to Go wrapped up with a ribbon.


After I dismissed the kids on Thursday, I found this tiny little apple on my desk.  It just made me smile.


I ordered an Erin Condren planner for my daughter and it arrived yesterday!  I love it!  I almost wish I had ordered one for myself now.  I can't wait to give it to her.  She doesn't know that I added a few extra words for the front cover.  I wonder if she'll notice?

That's all I've got for this week.  It's been a long one.  Be sure to stop by Miss Nelson's to see what other folks are up to this week.

4 comments:

  1. Lori,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I know that has got to be really hard. I'll be thinking of you and your family. Love the EC planner. Your daughter is going to LOVE it. I hope you have a great week.
    HUGS
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lori, My heart is heavy for you tonight. I was just sitting here reflecting on whenever I have a student in my class that has a death in the family, the kids always come to school the next day. I guess it's a comfort thing. I know that must've been hard for you to go to school with emotions riding high...wanting to do what was right for your family and what was right for your students. I'm sending you love and hugs tonight 3,000 miles away!
    XOXO
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was good to start the off with your class:(. So sorry for your loss, make sure to take care of yourself during this time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My condolences for your loss. You were lucky to have such a wonderful mother in law.

    I hope you have a better week! I'm sure your daughter will love her EC planner. :v)

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete