Sunday, September 1, 2013

Another Peek at My Week


I'm linking up again wih Mrs. Laffin's Laughings for her fun Peek at My Week linky.  It's a great linky!  It gives you a peek into what everyone has planned for this week.  I've already gotten a few great ideas from other bloggers.


Here's my week in a teeny, tiny nutshell because company just left and I'm exhausted:


First I have to admit something, I stole borrowed these cute little days of the week from Diane over at Fifth in the Middle. Adorable right?

This week is going to be a crazy blur.  To start with, it's only a four day work week.  Then take one more day out for common core training and we're down to three days.  One of those three is an early release day so it's almost like having a 2.5 day week.  

Monday is going to be a bittersweet day for me.  I've been lucky enough to have my son (the one living in Italy) visiting for the weekend.  We've had a very busy, fun-filled couple of days, but tomorrow I have to put him back on a plane.  I probably won't see him again until next summer which makes the goodbyes a tad more difficult.  After I drop him off at the airport, I'll be rushing over to my stepdaughter's house for a memorial for my mother-in-law who passed away on August 12th.  It's more a celebration of her life than a sad get together because that's the way she would have wanted it.  



Back to school after the three day weekend.  We've just finished up our addition and subtraction of decimals so it's time for an assessment.  I'm looking forward to seeing the results as I've noticed such growth over the past week.  With no prep periods on Tuesday, I'm hoping to get started on our pen pal letters.


Wednesdays are early release days for us.  Throw in a morning P.E. prep and I have very little time with my kids.  We'll be starting our unit on multiplying whole numbers and decimals.  This should be great fun as I've got so many students who are not fluent with their multiplication facts.  


Thursday will find me out of the classroom for common core training.  When we have district mandated training, our subs come prepared with district created lessons.  It's nice because we don't have to have lesson plans written for the day, but sometimes I wonder about the value of the lessons they bring.  I know, I have to let go of that.  It's just hard leaving the classroom this early in the year.  


Back in the classroom on Friday.  We didn't get to do our Save Fred activity last week, so that's on the schedule for Friday.  My daughter did it in her room last week and her kids loved it.  I can't wait!


I have NO plans for Saturday.  Right now I just picture myself relaxing, reading, and playing with the Wild Ones.  Maybe I'll have time to catch my breath and write a real post!  

Whoa, it's nearly midnight here on the left coast.  I'd tell you to head over to Mrs. Laffin's page to see what everyone else is up to, but if I were you, I'd wait until morning!

4 comments:

  1. I've heard that a lot of bloggers are having Thursday as an in-service day. Hopefully your kiddos have a great sub!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more about Thursday. I was surprised to hear your subs come with plans (what? No planning for a sub? YEAH!!) but I can totally see your point about those plans having worth. I mean, how many of us leave important lessons to be taught with a sub? Bless those subs, but I will be teaching those big lessons to my kids myself.

    Ali
    Teaching Powered by Caffeine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard of the district preparing sub plans....I'm not sure how that would work. Hmmm....

    Sounds like you had an incredibly busy weekend. I hope your week is more settled.

    Thanks for linking up!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would LOVE for subs to come with plans. Our district has decided we will do afternoon trainings instead of during the days because they don't want us out of the classroom. Which I understand too.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete