Sunday, September 29, 2013

Saturday Snapshots: I'm Back!

Wow, I don't know where the weeks have gone!  I feel like I'm finally crawling out from my cave, or maybe it's out from underneath the 34 fifth graders that reside in my classroom.  Anyway, I'm coming up for air, at least for a moment.  What better thing to do than link up with Miss Nelson's Saturday Snapshots?


I have to start with a picture that WASN'T from this past week, but the week before.  Both Tucker and Gus competed in the Pups and Pubs Toss and Fetch competition.  Tucker rocked the novice division taking first place and Gus....well Gus is a bit of a momma's boy and felt the need to come check in with me after each toss.  That had a bit of an impact on his score, but he seemed to enjoy his first competition.

The Champion!

See those lucky raffle tickets?  I won the 50/50 raffle at the end of the competition.  I ended the day with a big smile and over $180 in my pocket.

These past few weekends have been busy, but lovely!  Over Labor Day weekend, my younger son came for a visit.  He was in the states for some training and was able to jet over to California for the weekend.  I get to visit with him once or twice a year if I'm lucky, so I'll take a long weekend!  Last Friday, my oldest and his wife flew in for the weekend.  They live stateside now so I get to see them more often.

We spent Saturday in Napa valley.  Whenever company comes out, that's usually where we head.  You'd think I'd tire of it living so close, but I never do.  The traffic is usually a nightmare on the weekends, but it just gives you more time to soak in the beautiful scenery.

What's not to love about this view?


Castello di Amorosa

Who's Who:  Moi, my son, his wife, and my daughter

On Sunday we spent the afternoon at the Lafayette Art and Wine Festival.  Had I known they allowed dogs, I might have taken one of the Wild Ones with us.

A peek at the crowd!

Free photo booth...why not?
Any time spent with my kids is wonderful.  This past weekend was no exception!  

Don't forget to run over to Miss Nelson's and check out the other Saturday Snapshots!




5 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a great weekend! Napa looks beautiful! I'm glad you had a chance to finally surface and take a breather! The start of the year is so overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! Over the summer, we forget just how exhausting it can be!

      Delete
  2. In less than two months I will be in California visiting my parents. I seriously can't wait. My dad is harvesting grapes right now and will be for the next several weeks. I will be so happy that he will have some time off at Thanksgiving so we can have some fun doing...nothing and loving every minute of it! Your pictures are beautiful and I'm so glad you had a nice visit with your son!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alison,
      That might possibly be the BEST way to spend Thanksgiving...doing nothing and loving every minute of it!

      Delete
  3. I think this is a wonderful story! You positively know the best way to convey an issue to mild and make it important. Extra individuals have to read this and perceiv…Traffic School in Napa Here, it is said to tell that most of these people do not have formal traffic training and even worst, some of them are not good drivers. These unexperienced drivers feel it difficult to handle the car in extreme traffic.

    ReplyDelete