Wednesday, January 22, 2014

100 Happy Days

No, this post isn't about 100th day of school.  In fact, this post has little to do with school.  This post is all about finding happiness and joy in the small moments.  We forget to do that when we're stressed out about the next assessment, a lesson gone wrong, the pile of ungraded essays on the kitchen table, the loads of laundry piling up at home, and the day that never seems to have enough hours in it for us to be successful as educators/spouses/parents/friends (choose one or more!).  We forget to sit for a moment, catch our breath, and notice all the little things that make us smile.  Catching those little moments can be rejuvenating.  Capturing those moments in a picture allows us to relive those little moments again.

That's where 100happydays.com comes in.  I stumbled across #100happydays on Instagram the other day.  Someone I follow added that little hashtag to one of their photos.  Now I'm not a hashtag person and have to be honest and say that I don't really understand them.  But I clicked on her little #100happydays and it took me to half a zillion pictures of things that have made folks around the world smile at in the course of their day.  I started smiling just browsing through them!

I know I need a little more 'happy' in my life and this might just do the trick.  Life IS about the small moments and I'm going to take the challenge to capture 100 happy days on Instagram.  I'll share my first three days here, but if you are curious and want to see more, you'll just have to follow me on my personal Instagram account (ltanner24).

Day 1:  I love my NordicTrack treadmill.  I can program walks
like this.  I walked 2 miles in vineyards in Tuscany!
Tonight I'll be walking through Tokyo.
Day 2:  I was looking through old pictures yesterday and found
this one of my two boys.  I can't look at it without smiling.
It was taken about 27 years ago.
Both boys are now pilots in the Air Force.
Day 3:  Remember, it's all about the small moments.  I decided that,
since it is never going to rain again in California,  I had better
stop by the carwash on the way home.  I have a CLEAN car!
THAT really makes me happy!

So what makes you smile?  Where do you find your happy moments?  Feeling up to a challenge?

Go find your happy!



4 comments:

  1. Love this idea! Thanks for sharing Lori! I'm following you!!! xoxo
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm having fun with it! I allow myself a few minutes of indulgence every night peeking at photos others have posted for 100happy days....that in itself makes me happy!

      Lori

      Delete
  2. Beautiful thanks for sharing! By the way, I agree - it is never going to rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 80 degrees today at 3:45 PM. THIS is crazy!

      Lori

      Delete